♥ Hello! Welcome to my blog.
I'm Clare Chiara.
I'm an awesome wife to #lehulkhubster.
Mama to #avarosetl
Human to #iggytheiguana and #saharathepug.
All Blacks Fanatic.
Blogger LawViewing Now
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Malaysia License.
For advertising, product review and events please send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank YouThank you for popping by my blog. Feel free to leave a comment. Oh and do drop your blog link too! So I can read your blog too! *XOXO*
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - The Little Prince.
How many of you parents are finding ways to get your little ones to sit still after dinner? Or at least wait for the rest of the adults finish their meals? I'm trying to find ways to get Ava - Rose to sit down and wait for the rest of us adults to be done, instead of letting her run around in the restaurant or crawl around at home. I wanted her to make it a habit to sit at the same table till we are done. So once again, I turned to the World Wide Web for help.. and I found an interesting way to sit her down till we are done!
It also helps teach your little one to recognise familiar faces.
All you need is..
- Pictures of your little one and whoever's face you want them to be familiarised with.
- Laminating machine.
I printed out pictures of loved ones cut them into easy carry along size and laminated them. So her drool or water would not ruin the picture. Cut them to a small size where it's easy for you to carry around.
It helps her with her hands and eye coordination. How she can gently pic up each card and look at them really carefully. You can print colours or black and white. It's really up to you.
Now after meals, I just take out those small picture cards and she looks at them. At the same time, I tell her who they are so she can slowly recognise all their faces.
So many new things to do with Ava - Rose, can't wait to teach her more things soon.
Till the next project.
I have once again turned to social media and searching for ways to teach Ava - Rose new ways of doing things.. one of the things I learned is this.. And it's so easy and mess free. Lil missy actually enjoyed doing this!
Things you need:
- Blank Canvas
- Cling Wrap
- Acrylic Paint or whatever paint you have lying at home.
It's so easy! All you have to do is dot on some paint onto the canvas, whatever way it does not matter.
Pull a biiiiigggg piece of cling wrap, I accidentally smudged the paint.. But it's ok. Does not matter.
Let the little one play with the paint, squeeze them all flat or something. It's up to them honestly, and they create such a beautiful mess.
So this was the beautiful mess Ava - Rose made.. I kinda like it honestly.
And lastly, mommy paint on any words you like. Or you can leave it blank. It's up to you.
Have fun and let your child be creative!
Hello Beautiful People,
I know I know... I have once again neglected my blog. Forgive me once again.
Anyways, lately I have been looking for things and different ways to educate little missy. I mean, since I am a SAHM why not teach her things right? Of course, I turned to Pinterest for help. And I found one of this really interesting sensory play.
Things you need:
- Hair Gel (I bought this really cheap one, you do not really need an expensive brand)
- Confetti (Got this from Spotlight and it was on discount! Double bonus!!)
- Zip Lock Bag (A transparent one would really be great.)
All you need to do is mix everything in the zip lock bag.
Use a masking tape to seal the top, you can either seal it on the baby's high chair or wall. For me I kinda sealed this to little missy's high chair because I want her to have the habit of sitting down with us during meal times, she finishes up fast.. So she always ends up wanting to get out of the chair fast... Yeah, my very impatient little one.. Haha. Oh well, at least something to entertain her now.
Till the next project!!
Hello Beautiful People!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Yes, 1 week late with the wish but better late then never.
Had the best New Year's countdown in our new #lonjmaison the view of the fireworks was so beautiful. Blessed to be surrounded with my loved ones and of course #avarosetl in our arms.
Yearly, I would normally write myself a new years resolution. But this year, I opted not to. Why? Simple. Every single time I wrote a resolution, I never followed it strictly, somehow I'd get soooooo motivated in the beginning of the year and when we reach the middle of the year.. I tend to give up. So this year, I'm just gonna go with the flow, whatever comes / happens.. let it be.
And now, to recap how 2016 went.
1. I became a mom.
After 9 miscarriages, my little rainbow baby finally arrived. 15th May 2016, my whole world changed. I left my job to be a full time stay at home mom. She became my priority, my world, my universe.
2. My bestie got engaged.
My childhood bestie of many years got engaged and is getting married this year! I cannot wait for this!!
3. Flirty 30.
Had the best birthday ever. Read about it.. *click here*
We finally got a beautiful place to stay in SG, to make our travels up and down easier. Especially with #avarosetl now. It's so much nicer to be able to go back to your own space.
The original #lonjmaison had a makeover. The whole house was under renovation, I got to enjoy the comforts of my home finally being the way I wanted it to be. But sadly.. 3 months later..
.... 3 months later we moved to a bigger, better and beautiful new home.
Ok so not much happenings in 2016, I'm not that happeneing ok. I'm just a boring, stay at home mom. Not a tai tai ya.
But here's to 2017. BRING IT ON!
Hello beautiful people.
Becoming a new mom, I had so much to learn. There are many things I wish people would have told / warn me in advance.. Thus the post today. Here are some things that personally I wish someone would have told me about.
1. You automatically get a degree / masters in lullaby singing, diaper changing, poop evaluator, cooking, early childhood education, medicine and the list goes on......
- Yes. I am now qualified mommy. My parents would be proud.
2. A LOT of people will have a lot of say.
- Yup, you are not the only one who makes the decision for your child now. Your parents, in laws, aunties, uncles, granduncles, grandaunties, 2nd cousin, 4th uncle, nephew, niece...... (again the list goes on...) will have a lot to say.
3. You will NEVER be a perfect mom.
- There will come a day when you realise.. There is no such thing as a perfect mom. There will come a day I know when Ava - Rose is older and she will hate what I did.. But I am after all human, and I will have to learn from my mistakes because I am not perfect.
4. The sudden interest in organic / healthy / baby safe products.
- I never bothered what floor cleaner I bought. To me a floor cleaner is a floor cleaner. But my goodness.. Ever since Ava - Rose arrived, I started doing research on organic products and safer products. So currently my whole household products are all organic products and safe for babies.
5. 5 minutes toilet break is the best me time ever.
The best break I get to myself is when I am in the shower or shitting in the toilet. And that's the best ME TIME I get.
6. No longer a shopping session for myself.
- I have not purchased new clothes for myself for the past 6 months. Ava - Rose's wardrobe on the other hand is growing. I think she needs another new cabinet now. My daughter has to be stylish like me la... And with her ever growing.. Of course I'd buy more clothes for her.
7. Find house call services!
- I'm a vain person. I will admit that. So when it comes to my nails, hair and facial routine it get's harder to take Ava - Rose along with me at a really young age and expect her to understand my vain - ness. At the comforts of your own house, you get awesome tip top services.. At the same time, you get to pay attention to your little one too, instead of leaving them out. Who knows, one day.. Ava - Rose maybe able to enjoy all these little moments too?! (Just saying)
8. Gaining & Loosing Friends.
- You will realise after you become a parent that there are just a handful of people you need in your life. I mean we all change at different stages in our lives. So do not expect all your friends to understand what you are going through. Along the way, some may leave you because you are now that boring stay at home mom.. But there will also be friends who understand your situation and build a closer bond.
9. Poop Expert.
- Nobody's poop matters as much as your little one. You understand her poop now. You understand what is good for her, what makes her constipated, what makes her poop more. Yup, congratulations.. You now own a poop expert masters.
10. NEVER GOOGLE FOR ANSWERS!
- The amount of scare I had.. Google itch, red dot and bham... Chicken Pox?! WTF google?!
11. Priorities have changed.
- Being married, priorities was then.. Husband first, myself second. Now with Ava - Rose, priorities are her. And only her.
12. Date Nights in baby friendly environment.
- Le Hulk Hubster and I will still go for date nights, just that our date night involves a third wheel and baby friendly environment.
13. Relationship changes.
- I have never been so much more attracted to Le Hulk Hubster now. Seeing him as a father, making more efforts with Ava - Rose, it somehow made me appreciate him and love him even more. We started to communicate more, even if it's about Ava - Rose.. You change your perspective a lot and learn to respect your other half even more somehow.
14. Secret comparison.
- Let's admit. We do compare our children secretly. Let's not deny that fact. But that somehow pushes me to be a better mom and appreciate Ava - Rose more sometimes.
15. Conversations will change.
- It's all about baby talk now. Trust me, even when you meet up with your girlfriends and they don't have a baby... Your conversations will tend to be about babies.
16. Separation Anxiety.
- My newly developed fear. I never knew I had that till Ava - Rose came, I hated being away from her. Does not mean I am a clingy mother.. But yeah.. I cannot be away from her for too long.
- OMG! I have walked out the house forgetting so many things. Because I am so focused on making sure I sort out Ava - Rose's stuff first I tend to forget my own stuff and misplace things too!! And apparently.. IT'S NORMAL?!
18. Extra emotional.
- I realise I became extra emotional now that I am a mom. The other day my childhood bestie showed me her Pre wedding pictures and I cried, it was not my PMS. It was motherhood.. Somehow I got extra emotional even when I watch a really touching commercial on TV. WTF MOTHERHOOD?!
19. Weird stares.
- When your baby throws a tantrum at public areas, be prepared to have a thick skin and ignore them. Let them stare, I don't care honestly.
20. Motherhood is the best thing that has ever happened.
- I love motherhood to be honest. I love being able to watch her grow daily, stay at home with her and having such a close bond with her. Along the way, if i become a mother again... I'm going to embrace it. How is it possible that there is so much love, happiness and joy in one little baby? I really love being a mom.
Today I was going through someone's Instagram account, and when I started to reflect on myself. Jeez, I'm such a sore looser. And there she is such a huge success making a name for herself. Suddenly, just suddenly I felt that I had not accomplished anything. Wow. WTF have I done with my life?
3. Single and enjoying life.
4. Travelling the world.
5. Still so damn beautiful!!
6. Slim! She is so damn slim and let me just say her body proportion is PERFECT!
I started comparing myself with her. Then it hit me.. Why the hell was I doing that? Why was I comparing myself with someone else? Why am I getting jealous of her? Have I not grown myself? Have I not accomplished things too?
Someone close to me told me that I needed to change my perspective in life.
Yes, I needed to change my perspective. I am not a failure. I have accomplished a lot. And whoever she is, I'm sure she has her moments too. As I have mine.
Then I looked at Ava - Rose. My biggest accomplishment right there. And nothing else mattered.
In life we are always at constant war with ourselves. But if we could change our perspective and look at things differently we start to value ourselves even more.
Hello beautiful people. The month of August, my birthday month. Yup, no longer a "young lady" now a hipster 30 year old.
Had 1 of the best birthdays ever recorded in history of my 30 years of life. Not sure if you read about it on my Facebook. But here's a screenshot.
I've always wanted to do charity work on my birthday. Instead of throwing big parties or go on a vacation. I thought, for once.. Just do what I wanted to do all this while. And I did.
Really proud of myself for doing it.
Ok now onto some serious conversation. Ever since I was young, before I got married. I told myself i want / wish to be a mom before I turn 30. Why? Because I wanted to be able to grow up and learn with my child. And this year to receive our little missy Ava - Rose, it's the best gift I can ever ask for. For that we are truly blessed.
After all the miscarriages I have gone through. All the angels who have gone home.. This one stayed with me.
Best gift I could ever receive from above.
So yeah. Ok. That's all I wanted to tell you about being 30.