Happy Birthday Ah Kong

Dearest Ah Kong,

You are the biggest role model in my life. You are an inspiration and my father figure in my life. I love you so much. Life has changed so much for me, I finally realized and see all the things you have done so much for me and I appreciate everything that you have done for me. 

Remember the time when I'd follow you to work during the weekends and how I wanted to be exactly like you? When you'd call your secretary in to make you coffee I wanted mine too! And when you had meeting in the office with me there, you'd put me on the chair and say I'm the boss so I must focus on my work and be really quite when you were talking to your clients or colleagues. 

When you practiced your golf swings and I'd be your caddie picking up the golf balls, do you remember those days? Or when Ah Ma would take a cane or get really angry at me you'd always be the one I'd run to? You were always protecting me from so many things. Even things that I could not foresee. 

I remember one day when I followed you to work, I asked you how come you were so rich. You sat me on your lap, and you told me the longest story of how you started it all. And these words I will never forget. "You work hard, for your family, for yourself. Money does not fall from the sky, you have to work hard. And always be humble with what you have, and learn to help the poor." That was who you were. 

I grew up with the best father figure, because you taught me so much. About helping others and so much more. I honestly learn so much from you. And to hear others tell stories or just talk about you always and forever brings tears to my eyes. You have no idea how proud I am to have you as my Ah kong. 

I love you so much!



Happy Birthday!

~* Clare Chiara *~

0 comments: