OOTD: 365 - Day 18. Colours / DIY Red Packet.

Just got home for spending the whole freaking day in the office. *ugh* That place always brings out the worst in me.. Anyways, I decided to be creative this year for Chinese New Year. As you all know by now, I am half Chinese, and yes.. I celebrate Chinese New Year too. So this year I wanted to make our own unique 'ang pow' (Go google what Ang Pow is).

You see, when I was a kid collecting 'ang pow' was the happiest moment in Chinese New Year. It was hard to remember who gave me the ang pow because they all are red and they all look almost the same and we collected a lot. So I wanted OUR ang pow to stand out and making sure people remembered they were from us. So I decided to customise it. And it is really simple!! 

I started drawing on my sketch book on my computer.. Making sure my Sikh Hubby looks Chinese and has a Chinese name, making sure to get Iggy The Iguana in the picture too. And when I was happy with the picture I printed it out. And because this year I started #marriedtohulk cartoon I decided to keep that cartoon just make it more Chinese - ish. 


I found a lovely cherry blossom painting and used that as the background. I started to cut out the layout of the ang pow and adjust the picture till I was satisfied. And when I was happy with the outcome I printed a whole copy out. 


All I needed to do was glue them all into place. And done. How simple and easy it is to make your own Ang Pow right??


Start creating your own ang pow and share them with me... I would love to see your own customised ang pow too!!

Oh ya, and the main purpose of this blog today. My OOTD.


Top: Kutschen
Pants: Jay Jay's (NZ) 
Bag: Michael Kors
Watch: Guess
Rings: Diva / Pandora / Wedding & Engagement Rings. 

Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.
Coco Chanel 
Photobucket

0 comments: